Come and see what KETS is up to at the UK National Quantum Technologies Showcase
KETS is excited to be participating in the 6th UK National Quantum Technologies Showcase on Friday, November 6th. The Showcase is a key event of the UK’s National Quantum Technologies Programme which seeks to highlight the expertise, capabilities, and advances of quantum technologies in the UK and its real-world impact. Going virtual this year will bring the added benefit of reaching a wider, global audience. This will be the first showcase in the UK’s second 5-year phase of the Programme which has a particular focus on the commercialisation and industrialisation of quantum technologies.
From the beginning, KETS took this mandate to heart, and we are keen to show off just how far we have come in developing chip-based quantum encryption commercial solutions and the projects we are involved in. So please come and visit us at the KETS’ booth at 2:50pm!
As a quick sneak peek, we will be showing off:
- Q-DOS Light (Quantum key distribution for Drones with Optimal Size weight and power) our successfully completed InnUK project, led by Airbus, tackled the rapidly growing problem of delivering a low-weight, high-speed free-space optical communication system with highly secure quantum encryption and eavesdropping detection. Come and watch KETS’ technology literally take flight!
- ViSatQT (Viable Satellite Free-Space Optical Quantum Key Distribution Technologies), again led by Airbus, is a new project that builds on QDOS Light by developing a roadmap to commercially viable space-based QKD with KETS and partners.
- We will highlight our progress in AQuaSec (Agile Quantum Safe Communications) building prototypes, working with Bay Photonics, and starting trials with end users (such as BT, etc).
- AQRNG (Assurance of Quantum Random Number Generators) is another new, key project that will provide third party verification of KETS’ QRNG using its unique quantum properties.
- On the Thales Cyber@StationF Programme we joined forces with CryptoNext Security, a partnership we solidified shortly thereafter, to build a quantum-safe digital document signing demo which combines our QRNG hardware with their post-quantum cryptography software to enable a real-world quantum-safe solution.
- Finally, we will highlight our ongoing partnership with Thales after completing Cyber@StationF through participation in their Accelerate Partner programme. This is where you can get involved in a Proof-of-Concept project!
I will also be sitting on a Panel at 1:55pm in the afternoon titled Experiences in Commercialising Quantum Technology: Raising funding, recruiting essential skills and negotiating university IP. Chaired by Jane Garrett , the Deputy Enterprise Director of the wildly successful Quantum Technology Enterprise Centre (seriously, ask Jane, Kim, or Andy for QTEC’s stats!). It promises to be a great discussion with friends from SeeQC, QLM, and Qureca – come, listen in, and get involved with some questions.
Finally, we will be announcing an exciting new project tomorrow as well. You will have to tune in to find out more!
Chris Erven, November 2020